Beiträge von HamSjelv

Hi Bomberpilot

hi HamSjelv,
    I know now that are controlled at the Polo my headlights on relays, All thing I do not know which cable and what relays are required for this since I can not find any information. : (

I can't read which specific informations you need, but I guess it's about wiring schematic? Maybe you can find the needed informations on the ElsaWeb - VAG Audi Škoda Seat Volkswagen Online Repair Manuals site .

Otherwise you need the informations from someone who has access to Elsawin.

I guess that a short circuit of two wires to the flash-light stalk can solve your task... 8)

/Claus

Hi Polo6rfreunde,

I think I need to clan up some part of the mess regarding H4/H7 replacement...

Regarding the BCM recoding byte 18 to 65d: I, and me alone, is the sourcer for that piece of information. The coding is found without any aid from established VAG workshops. The coding is found in an non-scientific way.

I've only tested the coding on the 088 F BCM, and nothing else. I've only tested the coding on a 2012 Polo BM.

Whatever stated on the Polo 6 R - vag-codierungen is the site manager responsibilities. Unfortunately I don't se any credits on that site for my piece of information.

If your Polo is equipped with traditional wiring/relay stuff for headlight control, don't use the coding mentioned above. In the traditional/relay case rewiring is needed (fairly simple task).

May the best light glow out there..

/Claus

Greetings,

You have a BlueMotion Polo.

Polo's without Blue Motion has an other (older) light control and other control device.
    Like the low beam (Abblendlicht): At the normal Polo, it is not controlled of the BCM, but at the Blue Motion it is!

Because of this, if it works on your 2012 Blue Motion it don't have to mean it works on a normal 2012 Polo!

I'm not really sure if this is directed to me, but I'll answer:

As far as I can see, every Polo 6R is equipped with a BCM, which i.a. control the high power for the headlights. The light switch is still represented in the car car, but is only used for controlling low power signalling to the BCM. I'm not able to find any Polo 6R not equipped wth a BCM controlling low and high beams.

We fully agree that the newer BCM's are equipped with more functionalities, for instance the remote controlled central door locking.

Back here in Denmark the most common Polo 6R, the 'normal one', is the Blue Motion due to taxing.

Best Regards

Claus

Hi Leif,

Even though it a bit outside the scope of this H4/H7 thread:

* The reading of the fuel consumption in the MFA can be changed from L/100km to km/L

* The MFA language can be changed

* Acoustic seat belt warning can be disabled

* Number of turn light flashes by high way lane change can be altered

* And maybe the most important: The mentioned BCM support remote controlled central door locking (Even though the authorised dealer says it not possible... Ohh mann, we were arguing :pinch: )

- And pure coding for supporting the Dayline headlights / LED's is also possible ;)

Best regards

Claus

Hi Marco,

Sorry for the late delay - I'm not visiting the forum on a daily basis.

Ok, to put the short story a bit longer...

Based on BCM coding from more Polo 6R BCMs, collected by a danish supplier of VCDS, I managed to trace down the different codings of byte 18. By comparing byte 18 coding from more Polo 6R Trendlines, Comfortlines and Highlines it was actually a fairly simple logical 'calculation' to point out the the specific bit for the H4-H7/H7 coding. Gathering the basic knowledge of which cars equipped with which type of headlights was actually the largest task :D

Quite simple Brute Force. Sorry, but I have no deep inside access to informations on the byte 18 coding.

Kind regards

Claus

Greetings Polo6rfriends,

Im sorry for the english reply, but my written german is non-understandable - I'm located in Denmark.

I have made the H4/H7 headlight exchange on my 2012 1,2 TDi Bluemotion, and also struggled to have both low and high beam on at the same time.

A long story short: Based on logic comparison of lots of widely available BCM codings, I managed to trace down the necessary changes to recode my BCM to keep both lights on at high beam.

For my Polo 6R:

BCM: SW: 6R0 937 088 F HW: 6R0 937 088

I recoded byte 18 from 61 to 65 by use of VCDS. This coding led to the intended function without any warnings and faults.

Best regards

Claus
    Denmark